Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Officially started the Paleo Diet

So it's official, as of yesterday I have committed myself to a 30 day diet. Not any diet the Paleo diet. Now no need to tell me I am crazy (because everybody already knows that), I am not doing this diet to lose weight but to cleanse my body and to start eating much healthier than I ever have before. I keep hearing over and over about how important diet is but I was never willing to give up the foods that I love. So this is what I am going to be eating 3 times a day. Every meal I must eat a lean meat, non-starchy vegetables, and fruit. That's what I can eat. That means NO dairy, milk, cheese, potatoes, corn, green beans, grains, sugar, etc. I am on day 2 so this should be interesting.
Day 1) Just started the diet and committing myself to 3o days of this. I am tired today. B: millet, boiled egg. L: green salad w/ almonds strawberries, chicken, carrots. D: hamburger Patti, steamed broccoli, apple, 3 cups herbal tea, water
Day 2) tired today. B: 2 eggs, 4 strawberries, 1 banana, 14 carrots. L: salad, 2 eggs, 4 strawberries, 8 baby carrots. D: pot roast, steamed broccoli, pineapple, herbal tea, water.
Day 3) tired today. B:2 boiled eggs, 13 baby carrots, pineapple. L: salad, 2 eggs, 3 strawberries, 1/2 apple, 7 baby carrots. D: Roast, broccoli, pineapple, herbal tea, water.
Day 4) tired today. B: nota (Dr. test) L: salad with 2 boiled eggs, apple. D: Roast, broccoli, carrots, 1 celery stick, 3 strawberries, grapes, herbal tea, water.
Day 5) Breakfast was very bland. I realize eggs are gross without salt, I tried other seasonings and pepper, but I had a hard time putting them down. Trying to figure out a tasty way to make my eggs. I have been losing weight pretty much every day which I am not thrilled about. I need to try and figure out healthy ways to fatten my diet.
B: scrambled egg, boiled egg, 1/2 apple, bananas, carrots, herbal tea and lots of water

2 comments:

April said...

Holy Crap girl!!!!

I am so excited for you! I know you can do it because you are amazing. If you need to live vicariously through someone, call me and I will eat some carrots in RANCH dressing. Or better yet, pizza in ranch dressing. ha ha ha Love you!

Seriously though, keep us updated as much as possible. I'd love to hear how you are surviving and how your body feels.

Don Wiss said...

When I see lean meat I know that the person is following the Cordain variant of the paleo diet. Many paleo followers disagree with some of his recommendations. You can find a list of the paleo variations here: http://paleodiet.com/definition.htm.